Demi Plies: Awaken the Dancer
● Arms are engaged in the back
● Clavicles are wide open
● Ears are pulled up away from shoulders
● The arms have a long curve in all positions
● Fingertips are at the edge of the thighs when arms are en bas
● No break in the line of the wrist, relax the thumbs, shake the hands to relax them
● Back of the leg (6 deep rotators) engage
● If the knees are hyperextended the heels will be slightly apart
● The image of the "X" pulls the bottom of the left rib to the right hip crest and the bottom of the right rib to the left hip crest
● Joel gives an in depth explanation of the demi, grand, tendu and passe that is worth watching more than once.
● The "S" sound stops at this point in the class. The dancer should now continue the initiation from the center without the aid of the exhalation.
● 4 counts to plie, 4 to straighten 4 times.
© 2018 Joel Hall. All Rights Reserved.